<meta name="google-site-verification" content="z7WskLUROF4vQ0KOCjh3Qw_JGFH4Tj5AnjIs6MSdfdE" />
To make the journey successfully from dream to desired reality, what is required is not just talent and skill, but also a mixture of strong desire, shared purpose, committment, discipline, careful listening, and effective dialogue. Most importantly, it requires getting it right - hitting the mark. To accomplish that, the core ideas and objectives guiding the design need to be clearly defined, understood, and communicated throughout.
Getting it right - hitting the mark architecturally where everything comes together in a way that rewards - is a complex process requiring, not only talent and skill on the part of architect, consultants, and contractor, but also their compatibility. More importantly though, what's required most is a mutual grasp of design intent by everyone involved.
Effective communication is the key, if all the myriad decisions made throughout the course of a project are to ultimately lead to desired results, especially owner satisfaction.
Toward that end, I utilize “Building Information Modeling”, a digital project delivery method. With BIM, design intent can be effectively managed, 3D imaged, communicated, and comprehended by all those involved. Risk of faulty decisions and costly errors going undetected until later is reduced, thus improving the prospects of achieving a successful outcome.
- Collect/analyze all relevant data; establish wants, goals and priorities
including aesthetic values and budgetary limitations.
- Identify an effective path to achieving those goals and priorities.
- Identify potential obstacles to achieving those goals and priorities; search
for means of reconciling and merging conflicting viewpoints, goals,
esthetic values, etc..
- Explore possibilities; look beyond the familiar.
- Encourage early participation by the contractor along with other team
- An owner happy with the results.
- Successful joint effort by all involved in the building process.
- A built environment that succeeds, both experientially and financially,
in meeting the owner's’s goals and mine, enhances their life, meets
my standards, and to the extent possible, leaves the earth a better
place to be.
- A built environment attuned to nature, the earth.
- Finding the most effective and appropriate means of weaving owner
lifestyle patterns with site conditions to achieve maximum comfort, well
being, and delight.
- Facilitating the achievement of maximum integrity by grounding the
design firmly in the present and, when appropriate, using building
materials in as simple, honest and authentic a manner as possible.
- Respect the fact that each project is for the owner; that their money is
paying for it.
- Aim high with feet firmly planted on the ground.
If you would like to learn more, send inquiries to: .
WARREN LAWSON ARCHITECT