<meta name="google-site-verification" content="z7WskLUROF4vQ0KOCjh3Qw_JGFH4Tj5AnjIs6MSdfdE" />
about contin. (getting there)
The journey from dream to an actual built reality depends, not just on talent, skill, and desire, but also on vision, shared values, commitment, discipline, openess, and, not least of all, on careful listening. Ultimately, though, what a building's success really comes down to is getting all of it right - hitting the mark.
Getting it right - hitting the mark architecturally where everything finally comes together in a way that rewards is a complex, often frustrating process. Rapport here is crucial. Beyond that, and more specific to the architectural process, a project's success hinges even more on the design intent being grasped and supported by all involved. This means that the core ideas and objectives guiding the design need to be clearly defined, understood, and communicated before being implemented.
Effective communication, therefore, is a critical ingredient, if, ultimately, all the myriad decisions made throughout the course of a project are to lead to the desired result, especially one that satisfies both the owner and architect.
Toward that end, I utilize “Building Information Modeling”, a digital project delivery method. With BIM, design intent can be effectively managed, 3D imaged, communicated, and comprehended. Risk of faulty decisions and costly errors going undetected until later is reduced, thus improving the prospects of achieving a successful outcome.
- Collect/analyze all relevant data; establish wants, goals and priorities
including aesthetic values and budgetary limitations.
- Identify an effective path to achieving those goals and priorities.
- Identify potential obstacles to achieving those goals and priorities;
search for means of reconciling and merging conflicting viewpoints,
goals, esthetic values, etc..
- Explore possibilities; look beyond the familiar.
- Encourage early participation by the contractor along with other team
- An owner happy with the results.
- Successful joint effort by all involved in the building process.
- A built environment that succeeds, both experientially and financially,
in meeting the owner's’s goals and mine, enhances their life, meets
my standards, and to the extent possible, leaves the earth a better
place to be.
- A built environment attuned to nature, the earth.
- Finding the most effective and appropriate means of weaving owner
lifestyle patterns with site conditions to achieve maximum comfort, well
being, and delight.
- Facilitating the achievement of maximum integrity by grounding the
design firmly in the present and, when appropriate, using building
materials in as simple, honest and authentic a manner as possible.
- Respect the fact that each project is for the owner; that their money is
paying for it.
- Aim high with feet firmly planted on the ground. back...
If you would like to learn more, forward your request, no obligation.